Tempe Cares is the community’s signature annual volunteer event, with hundreds of Tempe residents, employees, students, businesses and organizations joining forces to improve the community and show how much they care.
The Event at a Glance
Tempe Cares is the community’s signature annual volunteer event, with hundreds of volunteers joining forces to improve the community. Since 1991, the event has organized citizens to improve the appearance of Tempe’s neighborhoods and community spaces.
- Tempe Cares volunteers gather together annually to help improve the appearance of Tempe’s neighborhoods and community spaces.
- The event is supported by a wide network of business sponsors – who donate manpower, money, goods and professional services to the cause every year.
- Tempe Cares is a fun way to get involved and make a difference in our community. Consider volunteering with friends, neighbors, co-workers or family members.
Mark your calendar: Tempe Cares will be Saturday, March 4th
Each year, Tempe Cares focuses on a different need in the community, bringing together resources and volunteers to help others in the community and improve quality of life for everyone in Tempe. Tempe Leadership’s Tempe Cares would like to invite all volunteers to assist in supporting the City of Tempe’s initiative in restoring
Papago Park on Saturday, March 4, 2017, 7 :00 a.m. to Noon.
This year Tempe Cares vowed to revisit a former project area that we were unable to complete due to weather conditions. The community enrichment project will be held within LoPiano Mesquite Bosque, a 13 acre natural habitat along the north side of Loop 202 between College and Mill Avenue.
Volunteers of ALL ages can serve in project areas including tree limb removal, trail maintenance, painting, and more. A complimentary breakfast will also be provided.
Please click on the button below to sign up and make this project a success
Thank you and we look forward to serving with you !
For additional information, please email Committee Chair Stephen Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tempe Cares, founded in 1991, was the inspiration of former Tempe City Councilwoman Carol E. Smith who wanted to see the community come together to help the greater good.
- The mission of Tempe Cares is to organize citizen volunteers to reduce blight and improve the appearance of Tempe’s neighborhoods and community spaces.
- Tempe Cares has grown annually to include several hundred individuals, groups and businesses. Each year these volunteers come together to invest their combined resources of skilled and unskilled physical labor, tools and building materials to help improve quality of life in Tempe.
- Tempe Cares owes its success to the many individuals who come out on the day of the event and dedicate their time, toil, and heart to help their community. Our volunteers include hundreds of Tempe Leadership alumni as well as representatives from non-profit organizations, businesses, schools, service clubs, religious organizations and neighborhoods – people just like you!
- Of increasing importance is the participation of construction contractors who provide much-needed skilled craftsmanship, such as carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, tree trimming and landscaping. We are always looking for local contractors to get involved with Tempe Cares.
Thanks to the many businesses, organizations and individuals who provide both cash and in-kind contributions to make Tempe Cares a community success.