What is Tempe Leadership?
Since 1985, the Tempe Leadership Program, in partnership with the Tempe Chamber of Commerce Foundation, has brought like-minded individuals together in the community to engage and challenge one another, learn more about the ins and outs of Tempe and, most importantly, make a real difference in our community. Tempe Leadership alumni are well represented on local boards and commissions, routinely serve elected office, and volunteer time and energy to the community – together creating lasting legacies.
Tempe Leadership strives to:
- Create a strong, resilient web of community leaders
- Develop and mentor individuals to fulfill formal community leadership roles
- Seek positive solutions to real community problems
- Strengthen our community for now and in future generations
- Support the development of youth leaders
- Involve others in our community in volunteer, charitable, and civic efforts
- Build an inclusive, connected, and vital hometown
The mission of Tempe Leadership is to attract, develop, educate, and empower individuals through our adult and youth leadership programs and to make a positive impact in the community through our Tempe Cares and alumni programs.
- Maintain an environment of trust and integrity
- Be a good citizen in the community and industry
- Strive continually for innovation, quality, and continuous improvement
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Be environmentally responsible
- Be economically responsible
“I believe very firmly that Tempe Leadership is the catalyst to making sure that people are ready to be in leadership positions.”
President & Executive Director, A New Leaf
“It’s the relationships that you form.”
Class 1 & former Tempe Mayor